Saturday, December 26, 2009

You can live in Costa Rica on your Social Security? - Choose five elements and techniques to help

Just to see if we could do, I lived in Costa Rica for five months last year to verify my social security. And I do not go, I lived very well.

Before the five techniques that you can drive in Costa Rica on your Social Security to live let me give you some real examples from my experiences.

At first you need a car. You can always go to new, modern buses. (The roads are rough, but the coaches are nice.) Buses with the highest number of points (includingrural areas) per hour and more often than every 30 minutes. The fare is about a dollar an hour.

The food is cheap if you buy things that are grown or processed in Costa Rica and that includes everything. For example, Heineken beer, and Oreo cookies are cheap, (but not prove) and fig bars. The beer is cheap, but the wine is about the same in the United States because they do not produce wine - at least not much. A good meal in a restaurant (bar-b-que ribs or steak andall sections) will be held to less than $ 3 and a dessert, tax and are on top.

Costa Rica orange juice is about $ 1 for a liter of orange juice and Florida is about $ 7 a gallon and a half. In other words, for the price and buy local products. Farmer's Markets are a great place to get fresh produce at extremely low prices. For example, pineapple are four or five for a dollar, depending on size.

I lived in an almost new (less than a year old) house for three months and theRent was $ 600 per month for everything - utilities, telephone, wireless high speed internet and cable TV. Then I stopped into a new apartment (I was the first person in the apartment) and living the same things have been established. The rent for the new apartment was only $ 450 per month and again this all covered.

I think we begin to see that it is absolutely possible to live in Costa Rica, with a small Social Security check every month.

Among other things, are the first class medical and healthboth cost-effectiveness. Many people go to Costa Rica for dental treatment and cosmetic surgery, because the prices are extremely cheap and the quality is first class.

Yes, you can drink the water. Costa Rica is rated as the cleanest country in Central America. I ate and drank in restaurants throughout Costa Rica for five months and I've never been sick.

Unfortunately I can not say the same for food in the United States. The first night after my arrival I was bad as a dog (from the food I ate in FtLauderdale Airport). I know that this was the case, because I had nothing to eat or drink in Costa Rica, before I get sick.

Since I was so ill during the night at 9:00 PM Friends brought me to town to see the pharmacist. He lived behind the drugstore and went out of his house, checked on me and gave me some medicine and gave me a shot (yes, pharmacists can prescribe medication and give shots in Costa Rica).

He gave me his home phone number and his phone number andtold me to call him when I needed him during the night. I was also the day after and you are not sick for the next five months I was in Costa Rica

So yes, you can live in Costa Rica for a small monthly Social Security check. And not only survive, we may very well live.

Here are five techniques that are used to verify, lives in Costa Rica for your social security.

# 1 rent a small apartment - $ 400 to $ 500 per month. (Remember, theseincludes everything - electricity, internet, cable TV, telephone, water, etc.)

# 2 Buy locally produced foods and many of them take advantage of one of the many farmers markets. $ 100 per month per person is easy to do.

# 3 Yes, you can eat something. Just do not do more.

# 4 Travel by bus.

# 5 One last point - "Check out Spirit Airlines $ 9 'club. They have $ 9 in price (one way) from Ft. Lauderdale, FL Costa Rica, almost every month. Be flexible with your dates of travel.

Thiscovers the basics and social security for many families is a reasonable amount of additional things you want to buy, see and do leave.

If these techniques allow to live in Costa Rica to verify your Social Security number?

The answer depends on the size of the control of social security and your definition of "live" lines "available."

Tom Yum

1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is max,i have a question to ask.I would like to know how is the wine buisness.How's the deal on opening a italian wine shop in Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete